The Law Offices of Brian A. Grady, P.C.
Attorney At Law

Itasca Bank & Trust Building
Second Floor
9 East Irving Park Road
Roselle, IL. 60172
Phone:(630) 351 - 4466
Fax: (630) 894 - 2528



Modifying Parenting Order


Unless there are extenuating circumstances, courts are disinclined to modify a previous order regarding custody. Even after the two-year mark (during which the order can only be modified due to dangerous threats or circumstances to the child), courts must be shown clear and convincing evidence that certainly demonstrates such a modification is in the best interest of the child, because of a change in circumstatnces. Courts favor keeping a child in a steady and predictable environment. Orders from other states are binding and legal determinations must be made to determine if a court can modify the current order.